App Store Optimization 2020 – Trends & Industry Best Practices: There has been a remarkable rise in the demand for app store optimization (ASO) this year. With more than 1.3 million apps and games launched last year, it is highly imperative to identify the new trends and implement tactics accordingly.
Some of the trends currently running this year are:
- Store recommendations have become pivotal
- Featured stories and editors’ choice have become more prevalent
- Keyword strategies have become more complex
- App localization has opened more markets
- Using search ads has become more crucial
- The Dark Mode is a trend to consider
- Similar Apps section can bring more traffic
- App reputation management has affected app store optimization and the conversion rate
- User subscription management has affected the market
Optimizing for the store and browsing over anything else, keeping tabs on your engagement rate and overall app quality, localizing for different markets to get more traffic, monitoring your average rating and feedback from reviews, making sure that your strategy is comprehensive; and staying consistent are some of the tactics which you can implement in your app store optimization strategy.
App store optimization results in enhancing your visibility and enabling you to stand out in the app stores, consistently getting discovered by relevant users, boosting your organic downloads, cutting down on user acquisition costs, augmenting your revenue and conversion rate; as well as growing your user base worldwide.