There is definitely a difference between using Google Images and using a regular web search. Image search helps people narrow down the search results to exactly what they are looking for. As you all know, consuming visual content is faster than reading text.
Previously, Google used to display images without any context. This began to change over time. Google started adding text snippets to the images along with the name of the domain which the images were taken from. This additional context enabled users to find the most relevant results based on their requirements. Google also began ranking the images from top landing pages in order to help users find the content corresponding to the images. It then introduced structured data in an image search for displaying the complete information on what the user is searching for
while clicking on an image.
Google Image Search Best Practices and Advancements Over Time
Some of the more recent advancements in Google Image Search include:
- Google images on desktop offering all the same features as those offered by image search on mobile.
- Image preview on mobile which included a highlighted ‘visit page’ button.
- Swipe to visit (on mobile) where users could click on the image and swipe up to view the web page instantly on the screen.
Google Image Search Optimization best practices include:
- Using structured data.
- Using file names, titles and descriptions.
- Using high-quality optimized images which are placed next to the text, on mobile-friendly pages.
Sanitary products brand Dettol has rolled out a new campaign to encourage hand washing. In the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, hand washing has become more crucial than ever. The campaign highlights how washing hands with soap can keep the germs at bay.
Dettol Rolls Out New Campaign to Endorse Hand Hygiene
Conceptualised by McCann India, the campaign highlights the significance of maintaining hand hygiene as one of the preventive measures to keep the COVID-19 virus from spreading. Hand washing with soap is the most effective and easily available method for preventing the spread of any germs. The campaign has been filmed in the house and broadcast on the brand’s social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as well as on TV.
Recently, Dettol conducted a cleanathon campaign. This campaign included the participation of well-known celebrities such as actor Amitabh Bachhan, actor Jeetendra, classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj, lyricist Prasoon Joshi, choreographer Ganesh Acharya, actress Dia Mirza, actress Gul Panag, athlete Deepa Malik, chef Vikas Khanna, politician Poonam Mahajan, and film director Kunal Kohli.
Dettol offers sanitation products such as bar soaps, liquid hand wash, antibacterial body wash, antiseptic liquid, hand sanitizer, and such. It is one of the brands of consumer goods company Reckitt Benckiser Group; along with Harpic, Lizol, Vanish, Veet, Durex, Mortein, Nutramigen, Air Wick, Enfamil, Clearasil, Gaviscon, Nurofen, Mucinex, Woolite, Calgon, Scholl, Strepsils, and so on.
Ad retargeting is a great tactic for re-engaging lost shoppers. It can also be used to familiarise a prospect with your brand. Retargeting helps digital marketers in driving results and enhancing the performance by reaching customers across multiple channels simultaneously.
Your ad needs to incorporate your branding so as to make the audience aware of who exactly the ad is for; it should have a distinct call-to-action that triggers an action, and it should include personalized copy indulging the viewer’s wants or requirements.
Driving Results using Retargeting Best Practices
Given below is a list of retargeting best practices that you can follow in order to maximize your return on investment (ROI):
- Incorporating frequency caps that will limit the number of times tagged users will see your ads.
- Excluding converted users will save you money and enable you to retarget current customers with new ads.
- Segmenting the audience lets you customize your ad messages to users at various stages of the buying journey.
- Conducting geographic, demographic and contextual targeting will enable you to refine your ad placements for improving the relevancy and enhancing ad performance.
- Using the display as it is a measurable channel that helps in boosting brand awareness and substantiating market share.
- Optimizing your creatives for grabbing the attention of the users.
- Avoiding ad fatigue by constantly experimenting, analyzing and revising your ad copy, images and calls to action will help retain your audience for the long term.