COVID-19 has had a tremendous impact on the ecommerce industry. Now that isolation and social distancing have been made mandatory, many of the brick-and-mortar stores have shut down. This has prompted consumers to turn to ecommerce for fulfilling their requirements.
During current times, there has been a surge in ‘homeschooling’ and ‘school equipment’ queries which have benefited the retailers supplying academic equipment. There has also been a rise in demand for ‘craft supplies’ and search queries for general craft terms because of people staying at home. Search interest for home gaming and entertainment has escalated to astronomically high levels.
Digital Strategy of Ecommerce Industry amid COVID-19 Crisis
Given below are a few tactics that ecommerce marketers can adopt for developing a profitable digital strategy:
- Managing pay-per-click (PPC) budget efficiently
- Retaining organic visibility
- Being a constant presence and resourceful on social media
Ecommerce marketers can manage pay-per-click (PPC) budget efficiently by cutting back on any non-essential upper-funnel keywords with low conversion rates in which the search-demand may be getting reduced. They can also save potentially decreased budgets for keywords which are far more likely to generate conversions.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is clearly a long-term strategy in terms of organic activity. Now more than ever, organic search is a viable source for information. Ecommerce companies are currently in a better position for continuing to do business since they sell products online.
More and more people are turning toward social media as professionals have now resorted to working from home. Ecommerce companies need to maintain their presence on social media during this time. They should be resourceful and provide consumers with precise information on whatever they require.
App Store Optimization is the process of enhancing the visibility of your app in the app store. This is accomplished by getting your app to rank high in the search engine results pages (SERPs). App store optimization is conducted to increase the app downloads and subsequently the number of users.
App Store Optimization for 2020
The most common method for discovering new apps is the app store search. Mobile apps and games can be marketed most effectively by means of app store optimization. A few benefits of app store optimization are listed below:
- Enhancing your app visibility in the app stores by making it easily accessible
- Getting discovered by relevant users by matching your app to relevant keywords
- Boosting your organic downloads by monitoring and updating your app regularly
- Cutting down on user acquisition costs by concentrating on organic growth
- Augmenting your revenue and the conversion rate by including in-app ads, in-app purchases and subscription models
- Expanding your user base all over the world through localization (making your app available in several languages)
Building a distinct app store optimization strategy, choosing an appropriate name for your app, learning how to conduct keyword research for your mobile app, writing a comprehensive app description, conducting A/B testing for getting the app icon right, creating app screenshots and videos, undertaking localization for the app, and then tracking your app’s performance are the various facets of app store optimization.