Content marketing mainly includes planning for, research on, promotion of, optimization of, and repurposing of, the content. Content creation is simply the first step in content marketing. It is very important to learn about systems thinking and purposefully developing a systems mindset.
Systems thinking is a collection of tools and methods involved in an organized approach for analyzing problems accurately before taking action to resolve them. Content marketers need to divide the systems into different components, such as bigger systems and smaller systems. Bigger systems include the influence their content has on the audience’s lives; as well as the business operations and revenue generation ultimately brought about by the content. Smaller systems include all the stages and steps leading up to content marketing.
Importance of Systems Mindset in Content Marketing
Listed below are the main content marketing systems that marketers need to streamline:
- Market research
- Content planning
- Content creation
- Content distribution
- Content optimization
Market research includes requesting case studies and testimonials, sending out timely surveys to email subscribers, and holding regular chats with customers. Content planning includes developing a marketing calendar based on the insights from market research which enables the marketers to research, revise and release the content accordingly. Content creation includes adopting a streamlined approach of first outlining the content and then maintaining a template of a similar format for the content in the future. The content distribution includes creating outreach templates, developing social media calendars, and following content promotion checklists for sharing your content far and wide. Content optimization includes updating and repurposing the content by following a checklist for improvement.
In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, people are focusing more and more on online streaming. There has been a surge in the usage of YouTube. People are turning to YouTube for lifting their spirits as it provides informative, uplifting and entertaining content.
YouTube is offering a wide range of useful and cheerful videos, such as comedy videos, DIY (do it yourself) videos, music-related videos, entertainment videos, and cooking-related videos. There are several various YouTube channels that produce substantial content every week. Brands need to take advantage of this scenario and develop ads that align with the current situation. YouTube is a veritable tool for marketers to generate leads and increase conversions.
Types of YouTube Content Needed amid COVID-19 Crisis
Given below is a list of YouTube video optimization tools that can help marketers ensure that their videos are up to date, and which can help boost the number of views:
- Keyword Tool which helps in finding relevant keywords in the YouTube autocomplete database
- Camtasia which enables them to edit their screen recordings, as well as to add effects, notes, voice narration/music and annotations to their videos
- Canva which enables them to create high-quality, professional, relevant and attractive video thumbnails to attract viewers
- TubeBuddy which enables them to monitor their YouTube channel by filtering the comments on their videos. It also enables video syndication, the addition of end screens and video thumbnail generation.
- DrumUp which enables them to promote their YouTube videos simultaneously across other social media platforms. It also enables the customization of messages for each platform
- vidIQ which enables them to measure their audience engagement and other search metrics