It is now the appropriate time for businesses to start planning their digital COVID-19 recovery strategy. They need to make use of this opportunity to stay connected with their consumers and prospects. Businesses need to develop recovery plans and strategize for the relaunch of their products/services before the actual recovery occurs.
There are several various ways in which businesses can plan their digital COVID-19 recovery strategy; some of which are as listed below:
Planning a Digital Strategy amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Reviewing their website and modifying it as need be
- Cultivating consumer and prospect relationships with compelling content, as well as collecting insights on the shifting user behavior
- Developing a coherent plan for relaunch which can be executed as soon as recovery is well underway
Businesses need to take certain essential aspects like navigation, mobile load time and email capture into consideration while reviewing their website. The website should be AMP-optimized (accelerated mobile pages), provide a fantastic user experience and have a great page load speed. From an SEO (search engine optimization) standpoint, search engines also favour fast loading websites. Businesses need to assess how to upgrade their: key value proposition, service offering summary as well as their transaction path. It is also very essential to optimize their website content. Businesses should also maintain a social media presence with contests, surveys, raffles as well as practical tips.
In the past, HTTP (hypertext transfer protocol) websites have been ruling the Internet. HTTP is an application protocol for receiving and transmitting information from the world wide web. In the present times, HTTPS (hypertext transfer protocol secure) is making waves. It is an application protocol that secures and authorizes transactions over the world wide web.
HTTPS uses a highly secure way, known as secure sockets layer (SSL), for transferring the data. It provides security for your network and its visitors. Shifting to HTTPS has been shown to have a tremendous impact on the performance of websites. There are several other compelling reasons for shifting your website to HTTPS.
Compelling Reasons for Having a Secure Website
Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Improved search rankings which enhance the visibility of your website in the search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Greater user experience resulting in increased user retention
- Safeguarding your users’ information which is highly imperative
- Getting the secure lock icon which builds trust and credibility with your website visitors
- HTTPS is a must have for implementing AMP (accelerated mobile pages) which, in turn, enhances the search engine optimization (SEO)
- More productive PPC (pay per click) campaigns resulting in increased conversions
- Corrected data in Google Analytics resulting in a surge in direct traffic
- HTTPS sites are accepted by other sites, including by Government websites
Transforming your website from HTTP to HTTPS requires: finding an SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate, installing the SSL certificate, updating the domain for pointing to HTTPS, redirecting all HTTP pages to HTTPS, reverifying ownership in GSC (Google Search Console), updating the robots.txt, updating the sitemap, updating your settings in Google Analytics and ultimately testing your website.