When used strategically, polls on Twitter can turn out to be a beneficial resource for maring ket research data. Marketers need to find a balance between being compelling and collecting usable information while they are writing copy for polls. Good copywriting is required for drafting the body of the tweet as well as for creating the poll options.
Benefits of Creating Polls on Twitter
Listed below are a few ways in which marketers can benefit from creating polls on Twitter:
- Tweeting polls consistently which helps in drawing visitors as well as followers to their profile easily.
- Selecting the right poll length by setting an end date (five minutes from the start of the poll to seven days) for the voting participation in the poll which gives them a fixed volume of data to consider.
- Including hashtags that will enable people to find their polls as well as keep track of conversations.
- Knowing their audience by asking certain questions which can provide them with insights into the requirements of their customers.
- Embedding polls on blog posts which can help in attracting new followers.
- Promoting products and services is more enjoyable when done through Twitter polls.
- Asking for opinions on various aspects of their company such as content ideas, logo redesigns, new products, new store locations, and such.
- Getting customer feedback on their current products which can also give them tips they can use for future products.
As the Covid-19 pandemic razes the world of advertising, prompting more and more marketers online in their attempt to stay engaged with customers, social media platforms have set new rules for the brands to abide by being human. With people uneasy and uncertain about their future and governments apprehensive about the social impact of the pandemic; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram are all asking marketers to be mindful of the message being conveyed.
Role of Social Media amid COVID-19 Crisis
With outdoor activities coming to a standstill and more audiences moving into the digital space, Twitter’s role in a brand’s communication strategy has become more crucial. With consumers spending more time online, brands have an unprecedented opportunity to engage with their audience base.
Twitter stated that it has asked brands to be empathetic to the customer. Companies were also asked to ensure that the messages and information presented are accurate as well as responsible and relevant.
Similarly, Facebook, which has over 328 million monthly users in India, combined with the reach it has through WhatsApp (400 million Indian users) and Instagram, has also asked advertisers to be more apprised of the situation. Their efforts are centered on connecting people to health experts so that they can receive accurate information, as well as supporting local communities and businesses. Companies have learnt to be careful while conveying messages on social media platforms.
People are trying to be in touch by posting safety measures instead of promoting products directly.