IGTV Introduces Monetization Offerings: With influencer marketing gaining momentum and content creation getting incentivized, IGTV (Instagram Television) has introduced monetization offerings for content creators. Initially, there will be two monetization offerings: ads and badges.
IGTV Introduces Monetization Offerings
The ads of a primary group of 200 approved creators will be shown and monetized at the onset. These ads will generally be from huge name brand advertisers such as Puma, Ikea, Sephora, and so on. These ads will appear only after the users click away from the feed preview and then click to view the full-screen version. The ads will be in the form of vertical videos and run for a duration of 15 seconds. The users will tap through these ads and not swipe up.
IGTV badges will be sold through Instagram Live at different price ranges. Viewers can choose among three badges. Once a user buys a badge, it will be displayed in front of the user’s name and their corresponding comments will be prioritized and positioned higher than those of other users. The current surge in TV viewership and app usage in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has given rise to more content creation and increased chances for the viewers to discover and appreciate new content.
Government and political entities cannot partici[pate in this monetization scheme.
Some of the products and/or services available are targeted for specific niche markets whose audiences are very small and unique. It is imperative to know how to reach them. Being online (by means of either having a presence on social media or by generating targeted ads) is highly essential for any niche market.
SEO Tactics for Niche Markets
A solid SEO (search engine optimization) campaign is the only avenue available to take in order to ensure that potential customers can reach niche markets. Ranking high in web searches is the first step in the SEO campaign. This enables niche markets to attain brand differentiation, higher conversions along with more consumer engagement. A few tactics that advertisers need to follow in their SEO strategy for niche markets areas listed below :
- Examining their industry’s general search volume
- Conducting keyword research
- Integrating keywords in their website
- Creating exceptional content
Mining the SERPs (search engine results pages) in terms of searcher intent and content type gives an idea about the general search volume of a particular industry. Understanding searcher intent (through navigational, informational, and transactional search) helps in determining what type of content is beneficial for the query.
Conducting keyword research enables the advertisers to optimize their website for meeting the requirements of their audience. It also guarantees that their business will rank high in the search results, thereby enabling potential customers to reach them easily.
In order to boost their chances of ranking, advertisers need to position the keyword phrases in certain strategic spots in their website, such as: the page title (the primary search term in any search results page), meta description (for influencing clicks), body content (which should be coherent and informative), header tags, URL as well as graphics (when applicable).
Content is a driving force for high rankings and one of the main focal points of search engine optimization. Creating compelling content helps in engaging the readers and in enhancing brand awareness. Integrating relevant visual elements into the content such as the appropriate images and videos makes the content more alluring.
YouTube has rolled out a premium advertising program, known as ‘YouTube Select.’ Now, for the first time, brand advertisers will be able to target TV screen viewing in addition to viewing their advertisements on YouTube. The new advertising program takes advantage of people watching YouTube’s over-the-top (OTT) service, YouTube TV.
YouTube Rolls Out premium advertising program ‘YouTube Select’
YouTube Select segregates content in the form of ‘lineups’ pertaining to several different topics such as: entertainment, lifestyle and fashion, food and recipes, popular culture, music, comedy, sports, technology and many more. It also offers custom sponsorships and programs in order to help the brands target audiences over leading YouTube verticals and apps such as: YouTube Originals, YouTube Sports, YouTube Music and YouTube Kids. The current surge in YouTube and YouTube TV consumption during the lockdown has provided brand advertisers with ample opportunity for targeting a committed streaming TV lineup. This lineup comprises live sports, news, movies and YouTube original content from some of the popular creators.
YouTube Select is going to be available throughout the world. However, the ad-buying options may differ from region to region. Advertisers can buy into a few of the YouTube Select lineups through Google Ads, Display, and Video 360; enabling them to target local audiences according to their preferred categories for YouTube TV consumption.
Suggested videos are a collection of personalized videos that a single viewer may be inclined to watch next, pertaining to his/her prior watch activity. It is very imperative to ensure that your video’s title, description, and tags are well-refined so that the video can rank high on YouTube. Your metadata needs to be optimized in order to expand your presence in YouTube search results and suggested videos.
YouTube marketers are fully aware that appearing in suggested videos has a high probability of generating almost the same number of views as appearing in YouTube search results. You need a mobile-first strategy for suggested videos on YouTube since the majority of YouTube watch time occurs from mobile devices. Suggested videos may be either topically related or based on viewers’ previous watch history. Viewers consume YouTube videos depending on the various suggestions. Suggested videos are ranked in order to enhance the engagement for the viewers. Your video needs to have a captivating opening and it should build and maintain the viewer’s interest throughout its duration. You then need to interact with the viewers and engage them by encouraging comments on your video.
Generating Ranking YouTube Suggested Videos
A few ways for YouTube creators to establish their presence in suggested videos are as listed below:
- Creating a series of organically connected videos
- Adding calls-to-action in your videos to watch other videos in the series
- Shortening your video endings to encourage more views
- Making use of cards, links, playlists, and end-screens for suggesting the next videos to watch
Online shopping is flourishing during the current times. Surveys have shown that the average order value (AOV) for general retail, grocery, and pharmaceutical ecommerce sites has grown tremendously. Even cart abandonment has led to higher conversions as well as retrieved AOV.
The shifts in consumer behaviour have resulted in the ecommerce industry witnessing a surge in demand. There has been a notable boost in traffic for ecommerce sites. It is highly imperative that the ecommerce stores retain their customers during this crucial time, since: the present customer behaviour may prevail even after the crisis has passed, this is a wonderful opportunity to gain customer trust, and the ecommerce stores can have the competitive advantage over brick-and-mortar stores.
Listed below are a few tactics with which ecommerce stores can retain their customers during the lockdown:
- Making sure that their website is compliant with WCAG 2.1 (website content accessibility guidelines)
- Designing their delivery system skillfully
- Optimizing their website for handling huge volumes of visitors
Ecommerce stores need to make sure that their website is compliant with WCAG 2.1 (website content accessibility guidelines) for meeting the requirements of customers having disabilities. The stores also need to skillfully design their supply chain and delivery mechanism in order to reach their customers easily. Finally, the stores should optimize their website’s look, feel and functionality so that it is accessible to and can handle huge volumes of visitors.
Currently, Instagram maintains its position as the second most popular and used social media channel. The Instagram app fares in a similar manner on smartphones. Businesses that are interested in reaching more audiences and boosting engagement need to retain their Instagram stories, bio, feed, and hashtags.
Pointers for Gaining Followers on Instagram
Listed below are a few pointers for brands interested in gaining more followers on Instagram:
- Creating a content calendar with worthwhile ideas
- Posting well-formed images and videos
- Examining several different dimensions and filters
- Reassessing their Instagram analytics
- Tagging the persons who are interacting with the brand
- Enhancing their Instagram bio
- Asking questions in their posts and adding calls to action (CTAs)
- Linking their website and email to their Instagram account
- Cross-posting their Instagram content on Facebook and Twitter
- Running campaigns and contests in order to extend the brand reach
- Surveying the competitors’ tactics
- Interacting through Instagram by liking and following other posts
- Avoiding excessive text in the images
- Keeping the images free from logos and watermarks
- Making use of hashtags to attract new audiences
- Making use of geotags in order to reach the local audiences
- Adding links in their bio only
- Tagging products in their images and videos for driving conversions
- Creating branded hashtags for their events
- Reposting the posts that tag them
- Experimenting with running Instagram ads
- Getting their account verified
YouTube is introducing 4 new features for video creation. These features enable the creators to enrich their videos as well as regulate their channels on the digital media platform. Of these, a few features are currently available while the others are getting rolled out over the coming few weeks.
The new features along with their details are as listed below:
- Being aware of when the audience is online
- Reviewing inappropriate comments
- Scheduling community posts
- Video chapters
YouTube is providing video creators with access to data which enables them to be aware of when their audience is online. The data also detects the hours in a week in which the audience is the most active on a channel. YouTube is recommending the usage of this data in order to decide on the optimum times for broadcasting the live streams. Channels can also use this data for arranging to publish their videos when most of the audience is online.
YouTube Introduces New Video Creation Features
The previously optional YouTube setting of ‘hold inappropriate comments for review’ is now going to be set to default. This setting assists the creators in managing the comments at scale as well as in boosting the quality of conversations on their channel.
The capability for scheduling community posts is presently available on the desktop web main app. This feature enables the creators to outline their community posts ahead of schedule and to determine future publishing dates.
The ‘Video Chapters’ is the latest feature that will be rolled out in the coming weeks. It will enable the creators to segregate their videos into various chapters that the viewers may skip over. The videos should consist of a minimum of 3 chapters with each chapter being at least of 10 seconds duration. Video creators need to add timestamps to the video description and ensure that the first chapter begins at “0:00.”
Even during present times, traditional marketing is a beneficial resource for any B2B (business to business) organization. Marketers need to adopt an integrated, omnichannel outlook in order to drive leads across the sales funnel and to convert the prospects into customers. Creating an effective marketing strategy involves combining traditional marketing tactics with the digital approach.
Techniques for Blending Traditional and Digital Marketing
Listed below are a few techniques for blending traditional and digital marketing:
- Combining cold calling with intent data
- Blending print media and deep media nurturing
- Adding geotargeting to the traditional content platforms
- Blending direct mail with lead nurturing
Integrating intent data into the cold calling process is essential for optimizing the conversion rates. Intent data provides relevant information on the prospects; thus helping marketers reach potential customers while cold calling.
Blending print media advertising and deep media nurturing enable marketers to reach their prospects over multiple channels and to boost the probability of conversions. Print media offers the advantage of being flexible in terms of ad placement.
Integrating geotargeting into the traditional content platforms such as banners and billboards helps marketers in enhancing their brand awareness, fortifying their brand messaging, as well as attracting new audiences.
Direct mail provides a multitude of personalization opportunities to build trust in the prospects and prompting them to respond. Lead nurturing is essential for optimizing the conversion rates. By blending direct mail and lead nurturing, marketers can boost conversions and augment their return on investment (ROI).
Paid search is a crucial aspect for the success of any brand. It is an activity of considering which questions need to be answered and determining whether they are worth the effort of doing so. It is imperative to accurately pinpoint all negative keywords and apply them in pay per click (PPC) campaigns as part of the brand’s marketing strategy.
Pointers for Using Negative Keywords in PPC Campaigns
A few pointers for making use of negative keywords in paid search campaigns are listed below:
- Recognizing negative keywords: Brands need to look for ‘root’ problem terms when they examine their search terms report. Adding a single problem word at a time reveals variants from the blocked search queries. It also helps in saving time.
- Applying the negatives: After pinpointing the negative keywords, brands need to apply them to any one of the three match-types: broad, phrase or exact. It is a good practice to use only phrase-match negatives for single words.
- Including negative keywords to boost DSA campaigns: While brands are running dynamic search advertising (DSA) campaigns, they should add all their actively targeted keywords as negatives in those campaigns.
- Adding branded/competitor terms as negatives: By adding branded/competitor terms as negatives to their general service campaigns, brands can ensure that their budget and performance requirements are accurately met; as well as that their budget is doing its expected job.
All the previous link building tactics have presently become redundant. Digital public relations and authentic research are the only surefire techniques for creating excellent quality links on a continuous basis. Conducting your own industry research, surveys, and studies enable you to earn links from high-authority sites.
Pointers for Creating Superior Quality Links
Listed below are a few pointers for creating superior quality links:
- Requesting backlinks: Look for websites that are relevant to your niche and request in-content backlinks from them. The sources may also include your friends, relatives or clients who have a site or a blog.
- Cultivating relationships: It is important to cultivate relationships for great link building. Blogs, forums, social groups, and other niche-related communities are great places to start. Begin contributing to these communities with relevant and inspirational comments and posts, and the communities will reciprocate with good backlinks for your site.
- Creating infographics: Create simple infographics that are elegant, relevant as well as informative. Use attention grabbing taglines and eye-catching visuals.
- Repurposing your content: You can repurpose your content into videos, podcasts, guides, transcripts, and webinars for building links and generating leads for your website.
- Making use of social sharing sites: Make use of social sharing sites where users can easily add, edit, and share content. This will help you in gaining excellent quality backlinks as well as in driving traffic to your website.