Paid search is a crucial aspect for the success of any brand. It is an activity of considering which questions need to be answered and determining whether they are worth the effort of doing so. It is imperative to accurately pinpoint all negative keywords and apply them in pay per click (PPC) campaigns as part of the brand’s marketing strategy.
Pointers for Using Negative Keywords in PPC Campaigns
A few pointers for making use of negative keywords in paid search campaigns are listed below:
- Recognizing negative keywords: Brands need to look for ‘root’ problem terms when they examine their search terms report. Adding a single problem word at a time reveals variants from the blocked search queries. It also helps in saving time.
- Applying the negatives: After pinpointing the negative keywords, brands need to apply them to any one of the three match-types: broad, phrase or exact. It is a good practice to use only phrase-match negatives for single words.
- Including negative keywords to boost DSA campaigns: While brands are running dynamic search advertising (DSA) campaigns, they should add all their actively targeted keywords as negatives in those campaigns.
- Adding branded/competitor terms as negatives: By adding branded/competitor terms as negatives to their general service campaigns, brands can ensure that their budget and performance requirements are accurately met; as well as that their budget is doing its expected job.
All the previous link building tactics have presently become redundant. Digital public relations and authentic research are the only surefire techniques for creating excellent quality links on a continuous basis. Conducting your own industry research, surveys, and studies enable you to earn links from high-authority sites.
Pointers for Creating Superior Quality Links
Listed below are a few pointers for creating superior quality links:
- Requesting backlinks: Look for websites that are relevant to your niche and request in-content backlinks from them. The sources may also include your friends, relatives or clients who have a site or a blog.
- Cultivating relationships: It is important to cultivate relationships for great link building. Blogs, forums, social groups, and other niche-related communities are great places to start. Begin contributing to these communities with relevant and inspirational comments and posts, and the communities will reciprocate with good backlinks for your site.
- Creating infographics: Create simple infographics that are elegant, relevant as well as informative. Use attention grabbing taglines and eye-catching visuals.
- Repurposing your content: You can repurpose your content into videos, podcasts, guides, transcripts, and webinars for building links and generating leads for your website.
- Making use of social sharing sites: Make use of social sharing sites where users can easily add, edit, and share content. This will help you in gaining excellent quality backlinks as well as in driving traffic to your website.