The current state of lockdown due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has brought businesses to a standstill. It has also tremendously impacted the way in which brands make use of social media marketing, advertising, and public relations. However, now is the apt time for engaging with the customers through social media, specifically Instagram.
Leveraging Instagram amid COVID-19 Crisis
Listed below are a few tips that businesses can use for leveraging Instagram in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis:
- Brand building/rebuilding: With the imposed social distancing and self-isolation, the consumers staying at and working from home are spending time on their screens. Digital content consumption and social media usage are at an all-time high. It is imperative to have a unique and memorable brand identity that stands out in the minds of consumers.
- Conducting research and formulating a strategy: It is highly essential to conduct a research into the customers and their current behaviour; and to formulate a strategy accordingly. This can be done by using questions/polls in the brand’s Instagram stories and engaging with the customers in the comments section.
- Creating appropriate and useful content: It is important to create content that is useful to the consumers as well as informative regarding the ongoing circumstances.
- Maintaining a frequency of posting: It is a good practice to maintain a frequency in posting on Instagram, in various forms such as: stories and live posts.
- Including hashtags in the captions: Including hashtags in the captions helps to boost the reach and to gain new users.
With the government lifting the limits of lockdown in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, a few of the businesses have resumed activities. Retail stores in safe zones have reopened partially due to the government sanctioning the sale of non-essential products as well. This has presented an opportunity for the brands to showcase and market their products/services to the customers.
TV Advertising Resuming after Lifting of Lockdown Limit
Multiple entities such as: e-commerce brands, health and wellness brands, digital payment gateways, delivery aggregators; as well as video-streaming services are returning to the mode of TV advertising. A few of the brands have resumed advertising for their existing products but with new ad campaigns, while a few other brands have launched altogether new products.
The brands which have become relevant and gained popularity amid the COVID-19 crisis are still prevalent on TV. Edu-tech companies, food and beverage brands, gaming platforms, along with mobile handset manufacturers have become prominent users of TV advertising now; while the existing categories such as: fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), two-wheelers, automobiles, real estate, as well as educational institutions are yet to make a comeback into the world of TV advertising. Market researchers are predicting this comeback in a few more months.
General entertainment channels are facing a dearth of original content, while news channels are raking in advertising revenue since people are curious and interested in learning about the latest updates on the crisis.
Google Image search results now have ‘fact check’ labels in the thumbnails. This is to help users verify the authenticity of the images they view or search for. It also helps them in making conscious decisions regarding the content that they consume.
‘Fact Check’ label added to Google Image Search Results
Google will add ‘fact check’ labels in the thumbnails of its images to either confirm or dispute what these images are conveying. Users can then tap these fact-checked results for viewing a larger preview of the images; which will be followed by brief synopsis of the information provided in the web pages where the images are featured. The ‘fact check’ labels will appear underneath only those images which are taken from trusted, authoritative and independent sources from the web.
Google relies on an algorithm to decide which publishers are trusted sources. Publishers need to use the ClaimReview structured data markup for specifying the fact check content to search engines. Google then uses this data markup as reference while adding the fact check labels. The labels can be added to the fact check articles containing images in them as well as to the fact check articles which are about specific images.
These ‘fact check’ labels are also used in Google regular search results as well as in Google News.
Search engine optimization is one of the significant factors of digital marketing. It is imperative to understand the value and impact of local search as well. Local search enables the marketers to concentrate on non-branded keyword delivery to leads/sales as well as to determine how the branded local visibility is performing and driving traffic to the website.
Evaluating Local Search Engine Optimization Performance
A few methods of evaluating the local search engine optimization performance are given below:
- Starting small
- Setting things in motion
- Thinking and analyzing locally
- Glancing inside the web pages
The ownership of the local listing along with the current optimization efforts may drive direction requests, calls and website traffic to the brands. The brands can then edit their website address using their Google My Business listing info area. This enables them to gauge local listing traffic in Google Analytics Campaigns and also relate with the goal, lead or website revenue data.
Brands can assess the visibility of their Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP) presence across the web as well as its accuracy; with the help of a local listing tool such as: SEMrush or Moz or BrightLocal. This enables the marketers to filter their brand website visitor referrals for sourcing the domains of authoritative listing sites only.
The brand can have partnerships, sponsorships as well as association with websites receiving much more traffic. The inbound links can hold local-specific relevance with the search engines.
The brands need to have internal location-specific web pages. It is highly imperative to assess the performance of these pages, as well as evaluating how the brands should analyze going forward.
In today’s fast-paced world, businesses and brands need to have an active presence on social media platforms. Nowadays, communicating using the means of technology (through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) has become the norm. It is a good practice for businesses to maintain this connection with the customers and to keep them engaged.
Excellent Techniques for Marketing through Twitter
Listed below are a few wonderful techniques that marketers can use for promoting their brands and communicating with customers through Twitter:
- In case their message is then 280 characters in length, it is better to use an image
- They can use a tweet thread in order to compose long tweets
- They need to have professional and great quality images that match the brand for its Twitter profile
- They can use a single email address to create multiple accounts on Twitter
- They should make use of target keywords while composing tweets
- It is a good practice to pin significant tweets for positioning them at the top of the profile
- They can embed a tweet on the brand’s website or blog
- They can retweet themselves for enhancing the tweet’s exposure
- They need to choose the appropriate time for tweeting
- They can select ‘lists’ after clicking on the brand’s profile icon to find the public’s opinion about their brand
- They can market the Twitter handle on the brand website for driving traffic to the tweets
- It is a good idea for marketers to view the tweets in the order in which they appear
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a massive economic impact on businesses of all sizes across the world. Service-based industries such as travel and tourism, hotels, restaurants, cafeterias are the worst hit since they depend on activities like socializing and travelling (which have been put on hold because of the ongoing crisis).
Using Google Reviews to Bolster Business amid COVID-19
However, it is imperative for businesses to keep in touch with their customers by updating them about the latest changes and maintaining communication. Businesses need to be forthcoming about the measures which they are taking to keep the employees as well as the customers safe. Using Google Reviews is one such method of maintaining communication. People are currently looking for information such as the modified hours of operation of a business along with updated delivery and pickup options.this is the reason why it is highly essential for businesses to monitor their Google reviews and optimize their services accordingly.
In the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, several customers are turning to Google to gather information and express their opinion about the changes wrought by this pandemic. Most people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. It is an excellent practice for businesses to respond to Google reviews in a well-timed and fitting manner. This also helps in their local search ranking. Businesses can set automated welcome messages in case they are not able to respond to the reviews immediately.
The economy has come to a standstill in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis (which is ongoing). However, brands and businesses need to step up their marketing efforts. Creating content is crucial now more than ever.
Content Creation Efforts amid COVID-19 Crisis
Listed below are the reasons to keep creating content amid and after the COVID-19 crisis:
- People’s usage of digital devices has increased exponentially: With the imposition of self-isolation and people staying at and working from home as a result, they are using digital devices more and more. This is a good time for capturing their interest by means of content.
- Customers who are in quarantine are looking for distractions: Customers who are in quarantine are looking for distractions to take their mind off their current predicament. Consuming content on their digital devices keeps them otherwise occupied.
- Having an opinion on the crisis is essential: It is important to show the customers that the brands they are using or are familiar with are aware of the ongoing crisis. These brands need to form an opinion and provide informative and useful content related to the same.
- Content is an investment that pays off in the long term: It is a good idea to create content that can enhance brand awareness, notify potential customers about the brand’s products/services, inspire trust in customers with communication, boost customer loyalty using engagement and feedback, and augment leads by creating useful and informative content.
Businesses and brands are constantly striving to generate leads. This process has gained more momentum in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Video calls along with live discussions are gaining traction in the current circumstances in which marketers and consumers alike are seeking advice online.
Lead Generation Strategy amid COVID-19
Concentrating on consumer experience (by providing accurate information, inspiring confidence in customers and rewarding the engaging prospects with incentives), building and maintaining trust (proving that the customers are still relevant, by delivering quality and consistency), as well as shifting the budget to focus on digital strategies (allocating the marketing budget to the digital strategies since a majority of the customers and prospects are currently working from home and are in front of their screens most of the time).
Listed below are a few ways to create a solid lead generation strategy amid these trying times:
- Optimizing the website: Conducting an audit of the website for assessing where most of the online traffic and outreach come from help in gaining leads. It is a good practice to add lead generation forms on to the high-traffic pages.
- Leveraging the marketing automation platform: Lead scoring for nurturing existing customers along with re-engaging the inactive customers are surefire ways of boosting the lead generation.
- Revising and improving the content marketing: Conducting a content audit helps in devising new ways for content marketing. Adding informative and compelling content is useful for the customers.
- Generating digital content: Lead generation efforts can be enhanced by adding digital content in the form of video, podcasts, webinars, virtual events, as well as chatbots.
Presently, the education and training industry in India is facing various challenges in the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis; some of which include delivery, marketing and upskilling. It is very imperative to try to meet these challenges head-on and take measures in order to mitigate them.
Education Industry Challenges and Measures amid COVID-19
Shifting the focus from offline to online delivery mechanism is a daunting task. It involves taking appropriate measures to ensure a seamless transition from the previous methods to the current ones. Students and teachers alike need to attune themselves with the changing scenario. There has been a significant rise in e-learning in recent times; with the teaching and learning taking place on digital platforms and remotely. Studies have verified that online learning can boost the retention of information in a less time-consuming manner. Several online learning platforms are now offering free access to their services, thereby gaining more users.
Students need to be convinced that online learning modules are just as effective, if not more, as offline modules. Also, people working from home are looking for upskilling options. Exchange of ideas and live discussions are taking place within the professional communities on the online learning platforms. With the well-structured programs and far-reaching initiatives offered by the online learning community, this trend of learning and upskilling online is expected to continue long after the crisis has passed.
India is primarily an agriculture-based economy. Agriculture provides a livelihood for the majority of the population in India. The agro-based industries related to dairy farming, animal husbandry, and forestry are experiencing a consistent growth rate. Digital marketing has significantly helped in this endeavour.
Agriculture Sector in India- An Overview
The agriculture industry in India has tremendous potential for growth and value addition, mostly in terms of food processing. The Indian food and grocery market is the sixth largest in the world. India is the largest producer of pulses, spices, milk, tea, jute and cashew; the second-largest producer of rice, wheat, fruits and vegetables, cotton, sugarcane, and oilseeds. Dupont India, Rallis India Limited, Advanta Limited, Nuziveedu Seeds Limited, Monsanto India, Lemken India Agro Equipments Private Limited, Poabs Organic Estates, National Agro Industry, Britannia Industries Limited, Rasi Seeds and Godrej Agrovet Limited are a few of the leading agricultural companies in India. The demand for agricultural products is driven by the growing population as well as rising urban and rural incomes; while the increase in agricultural exports from India is driven by the external demand. The availability of huge acres of agricultural land along with diverse climatic conditions enable the cultivation of various types of crops.
Government initiatives such as Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, Long Term Irrigation Fund and Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana are contributing to the steady growth of agriculture industry in India.