The COVID-19 pandemic has had a massive economic impact on businesses of all sizes across the world. Service-based industries such as travel and tourism, hotels, restaurants, cafeterias are the worst hit since they depend on activities like socializing and travelling (which have been put on hold because of the ongoing crisis).
Using Google Reviews to Bolster Business amid COVID-19
However, it is imperative for businesses to keep in touch with their customers by updating them about the latest changes and maintaining communication. Businesses need to be forthcoming about the measures which they are taking to keep the employees as well as the customers safe. Using Google Reviews is one such method of maintaining communication. People are currently looking for information such as the modified hours of operation of a business along with updated delivery and pickup options.this is the reason why it is highly essential for businesses to monitor their Google reviews and optimize their services accordingly.
In the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, several customers are turning to Google to gather information and express their opinion about the changes wrought by this pandemic. Most people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. It is an excellent practice for businesses to respond to Google reviews in a well-timed and fitting manner. This also helps in their local search ranking. Businesses can set automated welcome messages in case they are not able to respond to the reviews immediately.
The economy has come to a standstill in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis (which is ongoing). However, brands and businesses need to step up their marketing efforts. Creating content is crucial now more than ever.
Content Creation Efforts amid COVID-19 Crisis
Listed below are the reasons to keep creating content amid and after the COVID-19 crisis:
- People’s usage of digital devices has increased exponentially: With the imposition of self-isolation and people staying at and working from home as a result, they are using digital devices more and more. This is a good time for capturing their interest by means of content.
- Customers who are in quarantine are looking for distractions: Customers who are in quarantine are looking for distractions to take their mind off their current predicament. Consuming content on their digital devices keeps them otherwise occupied.
- Having an opinion on the crisis is essential: It is important to show the customers that the brands they are using or are familiar with are aware of the ongoing crisis. These brands need to form an opinion and provide informative and useful content related to the same.
- Content is an investment that pays off in the long term: It is a good idea to create content that can enhance brand awareness, notify potential customers about the brand’s products/services, inspire trust in customers with communication, boost customer loyalty using engagement and feedback, and augment leads by creating useful and informative content.
Businesses and brands are constantly striving to generate leads. This process has gained more momentum in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Video calls along with live discussions are gaining traction in the current circumstances in which marketers and consumers alike are seeking advice online.
Lead Generation Strategy amid COVID-19
Concentrating on consumer experience (by providing accurate information, inspiring confidence in customers and rewarding the engaging prospects with incentives), building and maintaining trust (proving that the customers are still relevant, by delivering quality and consistency), as well as shifting the budget to focus on digital strategies (allocating the marketing budget to the digital strategies since a majority of the customers and prospects are currently working from home and are in front of their screens most of the time).
Listed below are a few ways to create a solid lead generation strategy amid these trying times:
- Optimizing the website: Conducting an audit of the website for assessing where most of the online traffic and outreach come from help in gaining leads. It is a good practice to add lead generation forms on to the high-traffic pages.
- Leveraging the marketing automation platform: Lead scoring for nurturing existing customers along with re-engaging the inactive customers are surefire ways of boosting the lead generation.
- Revising and improving the content marketing: Conducting a content audit helps in devising new ways for content marketing. Adding informative and compelling content is useful for the customers.
- Generating digital content: Lead generation efforts can be enhanced by adding digital content in the form of video, podcasts, webinars, virtual events, as well as chatbots.