The current state of lockdown due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has brought businesses to a standstill. It has also tremendously impacted the way in which brands make use of social media marketing, advertising, and public relations. However, now is the apt time for engaging with the customers through social media, specifically Instagram.
Leveraging Instagram amid COVID-19 Crisis
Listed below are a few tips that businesses can use for leveraging Instagram in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis:
- Brand building/rebuilding: With the imposed social distancing and self-isolation, the consumers staying at and working from home are spending time on their screens. Digital content consumption and social media usage are at an all-time high. It is imperative to have a unique and memorable brand identity that stands out in the minds of consumers.
- Conducting research and formulating a strategy: It is highly essential to conduct a research into the customers and their current behaviour; and to formulate a strategy accordingly. This can be done by using questions/polls in the brand’s Instagram stories and engaging with the customers in the comments section.
- Creating appropriate and useful content: It is important to create content that is useful to the consumers as well as informative regarding the ongoing circumstances.
- Maintaining a frequency of posting: It is a good practice to maintain a frequency in posting on Instagram, in various forms such as: stories and live posts.
- Including hashtags in the captions: Including hashtags in the captions helps to boost the reach and to gain new users.