HTML (HyperText Markup Language) meta tags are crucial for ensuring the success of search engine optimization (SEO). You are conveying to the search engines: the purpose of your web page, the apt method of reading it, as well as the target viewers who are supposed to view the web page; by making use of appropriate meta tags in the correct way.
Crucial HTML Meta Tags for Successful Search Engine Optimization
Listed below are a few of the most vital meta tags needed for search engine optimization as well as the ways to make the most of these meta tags:
- Title Tags: The title tag is your primary attribute. It is self-explanatory and gives visitors an idea about the content in the webpage. The title tag appears in the form of a clickable headline in the search engine results pages (SERPs), browsers and on social networks.
- Meta Description Tags: As the name suggests, a meta description tag includes a brief description of the content in a webpage. It appears along with the title and the page URL in the search engine results page snippets.
- Heading Tags: Heading tags are the HTML tags used to segregate the headings and subheadings from within your content. They enable users to navigate easily through the content in your webpage.
- Image Alt Attributes: The image alt attribute is added to an image tag for explaining its contents.
OTT (Over the top) VOD (video on demand) platform ZEE5 has established ZEE5 Club, its latest OTT entertainment television pack that offers optimum content to the viewers. The ZEE5 Club pack provides the viewers with access to several ongoing popular shows prior to their being telecast on TV.
ZEE5 Establishes ZEE5 Club to Offer Optimum Content
This latest offering is in accordance with the platform’s dedication to homogenize access to the displayed content for the varied Indian viewers over different languages, genres and the wide range of devices. The ZEE5 Club pack will be made available at the cost of Rs. 365 /- per annum. ZEE5 Club enables the subscribers to avail high-quality entertainment content without the common interruption of ads. This OTT entertainment pack has been developed taking into consideration several factors such as the assorted regional favourites, the contrasting user behaviour as well as multiple viewership lineups. It will provide the viewers with a coherent and customized content viewing experience.
ZEE5 is an Indian SVOD (subscription video on demand) entertainment platform/service which was established in February 2018 by ZEE Entertainment Enterprises. It provides content in 12 languages (like Kannada, Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, Bhojpuri, and English). It streams original shows, already existing TV shows, web series, and movies.
E-A-T (Expertise, Authority and Trust) is a constantly evolving trend in regard to search engine optimization (SEO). It is a means of expunging misinformation and trimming the content in order to present authentic and accurate information on any website. E-A-T is also used as a measure of the quality of the content presented on a website.
Enhancing Website Expertise, Authority and Trust (E-A-T)
You can make use of the Person, Organization or Local Business schema in order to enhance your website content’s expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness. Also, you need to make sure to audit your external links by using a trustworthy crawler of your choice. A few other methods for enhancing your website’s expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness include: addressing and removing the spammy/low-quality comments from your web pages since they impact the overall quality of the web pages, as well as retaining the good/positive comments and replying to those users; along with conducting research on your website in the search engine results pages (SERPs) in order to check your website’s online reputation and whether there are any issues related to your website that you need to resolve. In addition, you need to terminate: auto-generated content, paid link campaigns, and low-quality local landing pages.
These are some of the surefire ways of enhancing your website’s E-A-T as well as ensuring that it remains intact for a long time.
YouTube is introducing a new metric for calculating the income generated by video creators. This metric appears in the channel analytics section of YouTube from which the YouTube video creators can learn how much earnings their videos are yielding in relation to the number of views.
YouTube Introduces a New Metric for Income Calculation
The metric contrasts total income against total views in order to provide the creators with an apt method of keeping track of any variations in the generated income over a period of time. RPM (Revenue per mille) is an estimate of the earnings per 1000 views. All the revenue reported in YouTube Analytics is multiplied by 1000 and the result is divided by the total number of views in the same time period. This gives the Revenue per mille (RPM). YouTube video creators need to review and assess their RPM frequently in order to find ways of enhancing their video creation efforts and boosting the number of views that their videos receive. RPM takes into consideration the total number of views for any video (including non-monetizing videos); the exact revenue earned after revenue share takes place; as well as the total revenue as reported in YouTube Analytics combining the ads, YouTube Premium memberships, all the channel memberships, Super Stickers and Super Chat. RPM is also an efficient method of measuring the return on investment (ROI).
Search engine optimization (SEO) is an integral aspect of digital marketing. It is very imperative to remain up to date and implement feasible as well as workable search engine optimization tactics. This ensures higher visibility for the brand or business in the search engine result pages (SERPs).
Search Engine Optimization Enhancement Tactics
Listed below are a few General SEO tips:
- Using and optimizing video since it has a higher chance of retention in the minds of the audience
- Concentrating on user intent as it is the primary reason for search engine optimization
- Building expertise, authority and trust (E-A-T) by developing incredible content and web pages
- Developing user-friendly content by keeping in mind the user trends, human behaviours and personas
- Managing client expectations to have repeat visits and associations with them
- Making use of referrals for personalizing the calls to action (CTAs)
- Choosing a short domain that can be easily remembered
- Ensuring that all variations of the website are available in search engine results pages (SERPs)
Listed below are a few Mobile SEO tips:
- Adopting a ‘mobile-first’ approach
- Checking whether accelerated mobile pages (AMP) and progressive web apps (PWA) are needed for boosting mobile search traffic
- Removing pop-ups and interstitials from mobile
- Implementing scroll tracking with Google Tag Manager on the accelerated mobile pages
- Inserting forms in the accelerated mobile pages
With the global lockdown caused by the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, consumers are turning more and more toward online transactions. The crisis has significantly impacted consumer behaviour altogether in other ways, as well. This scenario has created an unprecedented surge in demand for the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies.
Reasons for Brands to Align with Consumer Behaviour
There is a notable boost in the consumption of traditional and ayurvedic food items. Most of the brands have responded appropriately to these changing circumstances and have developed innovative products for the consumers in accordance with their requirements. Experts believe that this trend of online dependence is going to continue even long after the crisis has passed. Brands which make the most of this opportunity are much more likely to benefit in the long run. Presently, consumers are opting for digital services and platforms in almost every walk of life. It is imperative that the FMCG brands learn to swiftly align themselves to this shifting consumer behaviour. For instance, partnering with online delivery service platforms in order to better serve the consumers can help the brands to maintain their credibility in the long term.
The social impact of the crisis is likely to last for a longer duration than the economic impact. So it is highly essential that brands are prompt and amenable to align themselves to the changing market conditions.
The ongoing COVID-19 crisis is having an adverse effect on online marketing. Due to the shift in consumer behavior, most of the brands and businesses are passing through a tough phase. It is imperative for the brands to focus on their marketing efforts now more than ever.
Using Content for Marketing amid Tough Times
Making use of content is one of the surefire ways of achieving marketing success. Developing compelling content will go a long way towards gaining marketing traction. Also, brands need to make sure that they have more than sufficient content as backup to drive their marketing efforts. Listed below are a few tactics to leverage content in marketing:
- Conducting a content audit: This indicates first identifying and then reevaluating the goals and metrics, revisiting the previously developed content and making appropriate changes for generating maximum engagement
- Making use of videos: Videos are a great way of grabbing the attention of the target audience. Visual stimulation helps in retaining the content for a long period of time.
- Having fully researched content assets that can be repurposed later: It is a good practice to have fully researched content assets as backup in order to repurpose them as and when required.
- Creating content that is appropriate and relevant to the ongoing circumstances: It is highly essential to create sensitive, informative as well as engaging content that helps the audience during these trying times.
- Keeping content production continuous: Content creation is an ongoing process. It is a good idea to be active on various social media platforms with several different forms of content production, such as blogs, infographics, podcasts, videos, and such.
Google has announced that it is introducing new features for its responsive search ads (RSA) copy options. The features are location insertion and countdown customizers. Also, there are enhanced copy recommendations and suggestions; as well as the rolling out of cross-campaign asset reporting.
New Features of Google Responsive Search Ads
An RSA (responsive search ad) gathers all the elements of an ad copy and segregates them into ‘assets.’ It considers the elements such as: headlines and body copy of the ad as two distinct ‘assets’, in which all the versions of each element are catalogued. The Ad system then picks an asset from each element and combines them in order to create an ad with complete text. This process enables testing the ad at scale and also provides swift insights into which copy and combinations are reflecting the searchers’ queries.
Location extension insertion lets the advertisers insert a placeholder which notifies Google to display the city or state or country depending on the location which the potential customers are searching from, or the location which they seem to be interested in. This is in turn according to the location targeting type of the campaign.
Countdown customizers are used to prompt the sales to commence quickly by letting the advertiser assign an end date for a process. The time particulars for the countdown may be adjusted for different time zones depending on the searcher’s location or they can be set at a global level without the need for timezone adjustments.
Running a PPC (pay per click) account successfully involves using the trial and error method. It helps in forging a path towards obtaining positive ROI (return on investment). The method includes knowing: which metrics to concentrate on, what sort of improvement is needed in the metric, what duration to let the testing go on before checking the metric again.
PPC Metrics to Consider for Positive ROI
Focusing on these questions enables you to infuse the correct workflow, structure and strategy into your PPC campaign. It is imperative to concentrate on these main metrics: core metrics (significant indicators of success/failure), directional metrics (not essential to be accountable for, but helpful for guiding management efforts), and vanity metrics (superficial/for show).
The core metrics for sales/leads include conversions, CPA (cost per acquisition/conversion), conversion rate, and ROAS (return on ad spend); while the directional metrics for sales/leads include CTR (click-through rate), impression share (for particular keywords/campaign), top of page rate, and the average CPC (cost per click); and the vanity metrics for sales/leads include quality score, the number of impressions, and the optimization score.
The core metrics for brand awareness include impression share (top of page and absolute top of page), the number of impressions, the number of views, and the brand lift (rise in branded search/recall); the directional metrics for brand awareness include the conversions, assisted conversions, earned views, and the CTR (click-through rate); and the vanity metrics for brand awareness include the quality score and the optimization score.
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit every economy pretty hard. Businesses and brands have been scrambling to sustain themselves as well as to serve their customers. Nevertheless, eCommerce brands can strive to find ways of retaining their customer base by attempting to make the most of the ongoing crisis.
Ecommerce Marketing Tactics amid Crisis
Listed below are a few of the tactics which eCommerce marketers can implement for thriving during the ongoing crisis and after it has passed:
- Having a strategy: Developing a strategy is the first step in marketing. The ecommerce marketers need to identify and concentrate on the strengths and sources of profitability for their business. This helps in having a strategy in place to deliver on the customers’ expectations and to meet their requirements.
- Brand building by communicating with the customers: It is highly imperative that the ecommerce marketers continue building on the brand by maintaining communication with the customers. This will bolster their trust in the brand as well as their loyalty to it. The brands focussing their efforts in conjunction with the current situation will only grow stronger in the long run.
Inspiring innovation while staying rooted in tradition: It is essential to think of new and innovative ways to meet customer requirements. Developing products in keeping with the changing times without letting go of the customers’ minds.