Search engine optimization (SEO) is an integral aspect of digital marketing. It is very imperative to remain up to date and implement feasible as well as workable search engine optimization tactics. This ensures higher visibility for the brand or business in the search engine result pages (SERPs).
Search Engine Optimization Enhancement Tactics
Listed below are a few General SEO tips:
- Using and optimizing video since it has a higher chance of retention in the minds of the audience
- Concentrating on user intent as it is the primary reason for search engine optimization
- Building expertise, authority and trust (E-A-T) by developing incredible content and web pages
- Developing user-friendly content by keeping in mind the user trends, human behaviours and personas
- Managing client expectations to have repeat visits and associations with them
- Making use of referrals for personalizing the calls to action (CTAs)
- Choosing a short domain that can be easily remembered
- Ensuring that all variations of the website are available in search engine results pages (SERPs)
Listed below are a few Mobile SEO tips:
- Adopting a ‘mobile-first’ approach
- Checking whether accelerated mobile pages (AMP) and progressive web apps (PWA) are needed for boosting mobile search traffic
- Removing pop-ups and interstitials from mobile
- Implementing scroll tracking with Google Tag Manager on the accelerated mobile pages
- Inserting forms in the accelerated mobile pages
With the global lockdown caused by the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, consumers are turning more and more toward online transactions. The crisis has significantly impacted consumer behaviour altogether in other ways, as well. This scenario has created an unprecedented surge in demand for the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies.
Reasons for Brands to Align with Consumer Behaviour
There is a notable boost in the consumption of traditional and ayurvedic food items. Most of the brands have responded appropriately to these changing circumstances and have developed innovative products for the consumers in accordance with their requirements. Experts believe that this trend of online dependence is going to continue even long after the crisis has passed. Brands which make the most of this opportunity are much more likely to benefit in the long run. Presently, consumers are opting for digital services and platforms in almost every walk of life. It is imperative that the FMCG brands learn to swiftly align themselves to this shifting consumer behaviour. For instance, partnering with online delivery service platforms in order to better serve the consumers can help the brands to maintain their credibility in the long term.
The social impact of the crisis is likely to last for a longer duration than the economic impact. So it is highly essential that brands are prompt and amenable to align themselves to the changing market conditions.
The ongoing COVID-19 crisis is having an adverse effect on online marketing. Due to the shift in consumer behavior, most of the brands and businesses are passing through a tough phase. It is imperative for the brands to focus on their marketing efforts now more than ever.
Using Content for Marketing amid Tough Times
Making use of content is one of the surefire ways of achieving marketing success. Developing compelling content will go a long way towards gaining marketing traction. Also, brands need to make sure that they have more than sufficient content as backup to drive their marketing efforts. Listed below are a few tactics to leverage content in marketing:
- Conducting a content audit: This indicates first identifying and then reevaluating the goals and metrics, revisiting the previously developed content and making appropriate changes for generating maximum engagement
- Making use of videos: Videos are a great way of grabbing the attention of the target audience. Visual stimulation helps in retaining the content for a long period of time.
- Having fully researched content assets that can be repurposed later: It is a good practice to have fully researched content assets as backup in order to repurpose them as and when required.
- Creating content that is appropriate and relevant to the ongoing circumstances: It is highly essential to create sensitive, informative as well as engaging content that helps the audience during these trying times.
- Keeping content production continuous: Content creation is an ongoing process. It is a good idea to be active on various social media platforms with several different forms of content production, such as blogs, infographics, podcasts, videos, and such.