Developing content is a long drawn and well thought-out process that includes multiple steps, such as: conducting research, collaborating with other people involved in the process, as well as making sure that the content is SEO-friendly (search engine optimization). Finally, the reviewing, editing and refining of the content take place for presenting it to the audience.
Mechanisms for Creating Compelling Content
Let us look into each of these steps in a more detailed manner.
Conducting research is the first and most important step in content development. You need to have a clear idea of what you are going to write, what your ultimate goal is and how to go about accomplishing these tasks. There are several different mechanisms that can help you along this process:
- Buzzsumo: Buzzsumo takes the keywords into consideration and pulls up the popular posts based on these keywords. Then it categorizes the results by analyzing their reach on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. This process helps you in determining what topics your target audience is interested in. You can also widen or narrow the search parameters based on filters such as: the location, gender and age of your audience.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator: Portent’s Content Idea Generator is a free mechanism which produces unique and unusual content ideas that can attract the attention of your audience.
- Ubersuggest: Ubersuggest is another mechanism that produces content ideas which are quite effective. It takes the suggestions from Google Suggest and Google Ads Keyword Planner and then expands the seed keywords.This mechanism offers long-tail keywords which can be used as titles for your content.
- Quora: Quora is a Q&A (Question and Answer) website that helps you a great deal to understand what your target audience wants to know. Various useful suggestions will pop up once you use the built-in search feature of Quora.
It is imperative to have a unified platform in place that can undertake tasks such as file sharing, project tracking, and the collaboration among the teams of people. A few examples are given below:
- Google Docs: This is the most commonly used shared platform. It is cloud-based and it enables the editing of documents (provided that multiple users are given access). You can add images, insert tables, create bulleted/numbered lists and customize your fonts.
Slack: Slack is another unified workspace in which you can share files, images, audio, video and such. It also enables you to monitor when the employees are logging in and out.