The uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has pervaded almost every sector of the global economy. Marketers are looking for ways to sustain themselves amid these trying times. This ongoing crisis has fast forwarded the digital transformation trends that have long been in the making. Ecommerce is on the rise once again. Online shopping is becoming more and more prevalent day by day.
Listed below are some of the search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) tactics to be followed by marketers to make the most of online shopping:
- Revisiting the local search listings: Marketers need to update their stock inventory in keeping with the current circumstances; along with emphasizing the availability of their products.
- Conducting analysis of the search trends: It is essential for marketers to analyse the most popular search queries related to their product categories. This is a crucial aspect for the brand’s strategy of search engine optimization. This process provides real-time consumer insights that in turn help in determining what message is to be conveyed over all marketing platforms.
- Creating new content: With the constant shifts in consumer demand, it is imperative to keep up to date with the changing trends. Marketers should refine their content, build new web pages and make sure that the customers are aware of the brand’s flexibility to accommodate their demands and meet their requirements. Creating compelling content that also contains information helps in directing traffic to these web pages.
- Developing a combined shopping strategy: Organic and paid search teams can work together on developing a shopping strategy, because of the return of free listings to Google Shopping. This has also enabled the blending of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and search engine optimization (SEO) tactics.
- Adding visual content to search: Google is the most popular search engine and it is a progressively visual platform. Marketers need to insert images and videos in the strategy and ensure that they are consistent across both PPC and SEO.
- Planning the PPC budget according to the query value: Marketers need to plan and use their budget to focus on high-value queries, the results of which are dominated by paid listings. They also need to look for ways to rank for those queries which have the potential to draw a high click-through rate (CTR).
Using PPC for testing the content: Making use of paid search results for testing the content is a good practice. Marketers need to try new innovations in imagery and brand messaging in order to figure out what works best for their audience and use the results for their search engine optimization assets.