It is time bloggers and content developers moved past creating great content with the sole intention of ranking well in the search engine results pages (SERPs). The current scenario calls for compelling content which is also of high quality, informative, motivational, as well as which provides actual value to the readers.
Let us look at a few aspects to take into consideration in order to create incredible content that also meets the criteria mentioned above. The aspects are listed below:
- Accuracy of the content: Accuracy is the first and foremost aspect to check for before beginning to develop content of any kind. Verifying the facts (such as: quotes or claims or statistics); as well as revisiting the previous content for updating it are surefire ways to verify the accuracy of content.
- Understandability of the content: The content developers need to make sure that their content pieces are cohesive, readable and easily understandable, even by laymen. Also, the content should be straightforward and able to answer the questions the readers may not realize they had, prior to reading it.
- Credibility of the content: The next aspect that the content developers need to check on is the credibility of the content pieces that they create. They need to make sure that they are contributing expert, authoritative and trustworthy content; as well as convey this fact to the readers by including author bios (with pictures, links to social media handles, list of awards and /or other accomplishments, the author’s domains of interest and years of experience).
- Ensuring that the content is engaging: Every piece of content should have the ability to be engaging to the readers so that they may retain it in their minds for a long time to come. Content developers can follow a few tips like adding headers, using bulleted or numbered lists with sub-headings, using infographics or plain images along with keeping the text short.
- Ensuring that the content is informative: Content developers need to make sure that every piece of content they create is informative to the readers.
- Uniqueness of the content: Every piece of content needs to be unique in that it should be precise and direct. This can take any shape, size and form, such as: ‘how to’ or DIY (do it yourself) articles, FAQs (frequently asked questions), product descriptions, landing pages, or navigational resources (like: pages contact information, sitemaps etc.).
- Usefulness of the content: Content developers need to be clear in their minds as to what purpose the content is serving (even if only to entertain. It is pointless to create a piece of content that serves no purpose.