With the widespread use of social media these days, it is imperative for brands and businesses to have a social media presence. They can reach and engage with a multitude of persons from all over the world. Brands and businesses need to go above and beyond their usual marketing tactics in order to drive results through social media.
Let us look at a few pointers for creating incredible content on social media:
- Inserting photos within the text: It is a good practice to insert photos within the text since visual stimuli is much more effective than plain text at engaging the audience.
- Repurposing evergreen content in the form of infographics: It is an excellent idea to repurpose the best pieces of evergreen content available; in the form of: infographics, charts, graphs and social media images. It is also advisable to choose quotes from the content and highlight them.
- Sharing customer reviews and testimonials: Sharing favourable customer reviews and testimonials about the products/services goes a long way towards influencing the social media users to make a purchase.
- Discovering the latest trends and using visuals accordingly: It is pertinent to search for the latest trends which are currently the most popular. This can be done by visiting Pinterest’s most repinned page, searching for the most popular hashtags on Instagram, and conducting a Google search for the popular image trends.
- Hosting contests: Hosting contests on the social media channels would encourage the users to participate in them as well as to learn more about the brand/business and its products/services.
- Tagging the bloggers and influencers: It is quite resourceful to tag the influencers on social media with links to the brand’s/business’s content. This is a surefire way to attract the attention of their followers and thus gain more engagement for the brand/business.
- Adding social media buttons to the email newsletters: Adding social media buttons to the email newsletters is a surefire way to attract the attention of the readers.
- Using the correct hashtags: Using the correct number of appropriate hashtags is very crucial in gaining engagement. It is imperative to remember to use only 1-2 hashtags on Twitter, only 1-2 hashtags on Facebook, 2-5 hashtags on Pinterest, and 5-10 hashtags on Instagram.