The COVID-19 crisis is impacting every industry in various ways. For instance, the eCommerce industry is probably experiencing a tremendous upswing in traffic. Similarly, when self-isolation and social distancing were made mandatory; the search traffic and impressions for terms such as ‘non-perishable food’ grew manifold.
Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Marketing – Measures to Mitigate
Listed below are a few ways COVID-19 has impacted digital marketing; as well as the measures to mitigate the impact:
- Demand for essential services and groceries has increased – organizations that are into eCommerce should concentrate on popular keywords related to essential services and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
- People are more searching for health and wellness tips. org that are into the health and wellness industry should concentrate on SEO and paid promotions. They can conduct online events for wellness and yoga sessions.
- More demand for news portals, video streaming, and ebooks – organizations should change their content strategy for catering to the needs of the people who are quarantined.
- The training industry is becoming online and concentrating on virtual classes.
- Conduct a mini-audit of your content assets by creating a Google sheet to list each content type on individual tabs, like webpages, blog posts, emails, ebooks, whitepapers, videos, presentations, infographics; and so on. You can then update with fresh content, optimize with new keywords and calls-to-action (CTAs), and re-promote when business picks up again later.
- Develop an appropriate outreach strategy in which you can offer reassurance or tangible assistance during COVID-19.