Digital marketing is cost effective, re-approachable, specific to the viewer and offers diverse platforms to reach a wide audience. Also, it helps to distinguish the brand by providing an innovative display method; assists in gaining customer insights, in reaching a wider customer base, and in increasing the return on investment (ROI). All these features help the fast moving consumer goods industry tremendously.
The FMCG urban segment has witnessed a growth rate of 8% while the rural segment grew at the rate of 5% in 2019. Increase in disposable income in rural India provides room for growth. Rural consumption contributes about 36% to the overall FMCG spending.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Mismanaged supply chain, promoting products on and maintaining multi-channels, fragmented consumer preferences, insufficient shelf space, lack of proper warehouse facilities, placement of new products at targeted outlets as well as accommodating environmental and social concerns are some of the challenges faced by the FMCG sector in India.
Digital marketing strategies for the FMCG industry:
- Enhancing the brand visibility by reflecting it in every digital channel
- Knowing your target audience
- Using content marketing for building strong communities
- Using social media to strengthen digital presence
- Influencer marketing for widening the customer base
- Having direct communication with the customers