Employment-oriented online service LinkedIn has introduced new features for the company pages in its website. This is to enable businesses to remain connected with the communities, in the midst of the ongoing crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic; which has resulted in remote working.
The shift in the working atmosphere has caused people to almost lose contact with one another. The new features have been developed in order to enable the page administrators to connect with their employees, highlight the forthcoming office-related events as well as to gain insights into their new followers.
Let us have a detailed look at the new features that have been added to the company pages in LinkedIn:
- ‘View Page Followers’ Tab: The companies can see all the individual persons who are the followers of their LinkedIn page using the ‘View Page Followers’ feature. The pages are now able to access all those pieces of information about their followers which is already publicly available. The pages can now also segregate their followers according to their location, current company and industry. All this enables the companies to better understand their audiences and develop the content which is suitable to them. Also, the companies can establish their LinkedIn community over the most relevant conversations.
- ‘My Company’ Tab: The new ‘My Company’ tab is a designated space for employees in which everyone can engage with one another, celebrate their accomplishments together along with staying connected all around while working remotely. The ‘MyCompany’ tab comprises new features such as:
- Highlighting those occasions which are momentous for the employees (such as: anniversaries, promotions, new hires, and such)
- Content from the coworkers that is trending
- Recommendations for connecting with other people that the employees may be acquainted with at their company
It is significant to note that this feature is available only to those company pages which have more than 201 employees. This can be determined by the ‘company size’ attribute.
‘Events’ Tab: As long as the pandemic persists, it is inevitable to conduct virtual events. However, it is not easy to find out about the virtual events as it is to find out about the in-person events. In order to resolve this issue, a new ‘Events’ tab has been added to LinkedIn. This tab will automatically access a view of the page’s previous, current, along with forthcoming events on LinkedIn. The virtual event can be in the form of a webinar, an individual panel or an entire conference.