The app campaigns in Google Ads can now be revamped to drive as many installs as possible within a short timeframe. These updates will help in streamlining the campaign creation process in order to generate more conversions.
New Google Ads Updates for App Campaigns
Listed below are the new updates to the app campaigns:
- Maximize conversions bidding in the app campaigns: Advertisers can make use of the ‘maximize conversions’ bidding which enables the app campaigns to be customized in order to generate as many installs as possible within a short timeframe. They need to follow the steps listed below:
- Clicking to edit the app campaign settings for installs
- Selecting the ‘bidding’ section
- Unchecking the box displaying ‘set a target cost per install (optional)’
- Saving the changes made in the campaign settings
The advertisers can provide their budget information and Google’s advanced machine learning technology will work in accordance so as to obtain multiple conversions for their app campaigns. It automatically optimizes the bids based on user intent. It also enables advertisers to determine an effectual cost per install (CPI).
- Simple image requirements for the app campaigns: There are several different sizes and other dimensions for image assets in app campaigns. Google Ads is now switching from size-based to ratio-based image specifications. The image specifications include the following aspect ratios that are used to scale the ads:
- 1:1 (square): 200×200 – 1200×21200 range
- 1.91:1 (landscape): 600×314 – 1200×628 range
- 4: (portrait): 320×400 – 1200×1500 range
Google is also raising the size limit for image files from 150KB to 5MB so that the advertisers can upload higher quality images.