Every search engine optimization (SEO) strategy needs to include identifying and answering searchers’ queries among its main components. The Q & A (Question and Answer) section is an integral aspect for any website. The implementation of an effective Q & A strategy depends on a number of different mechanisms.
Let us first learn about the advantages of refining a website for accommodating the questions based on the targeted keywords as well as the answers to these questions. Some of them are listed below:
- Meeting the user intent on the web page and providing the required context for boosting the organic rankings in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Revealing the depth of expertise on any given topic, to the search engines.
- Having a chance to earn Featured Snippets, People Also Ask, and other such fraggles within Google search results
- Having a chance to earn Rich Results in the search engine results pages (SERPs) after making use of structured data.
- Offering opportunities to boost user-generated content (UGC) in the website
- Revamping the local search engine optimization (SEO) experience within Google MyBusiness
- Enhancing the potential for Scroll to Text highlighting within the Google Featured Snippets
- Effective utilization of the Q & A section in the website can enhance the user experience in the site and also boost the conversion rates
Some of the mechanisms involved in the Q & A strategy are: Google Search Console (when the website is already receiving traffic and impressions for the questions available in it), People Also Ask (an interactive widget that appears within Google Search Results which lets the users scroll through questions that are related to their own queries), People Also Search For (displayed on few Knowledge Panels), Google Trends (a resourceful mechanism which the searchers can use to develop questions/queries), as well as user generated content (UGC) sites (such as: Quora, Reddit and such others).