Content developers are constantly looking for ways to strengthen or boost their position in the search engine results pages (SERPs). Creating compelling content that is also rooted in facts, informative and entertaining all at the same time goes a long way towards achieving that goal.
Listed below are a few search engine optimization (SEO) pointers for the content developers and publishers to grow their audience:
- Optimizing the website architecture: Undertaking mobile optimization and structured data will definitely help any website to attain a good position in the search engine results pages. However, it is highly imperative for content developers to optimize their website architecture in order to strengthen and boost (if possible) that position. They can enable the search engines to crawl and index their website by: having consistent and noticeable primary navigation, having a visible sitemap, along with defining the editorial universe in their website home page.
- Following the on-page search engine optimization best practices: Some of these on-page SEO best practices include: setting up SEO titles using keywords, fully utilizing the meta descriptions and creating compelling calls to action (CTA), using the SEO titles as the headlines for the content, and using subheadings within the entire content.
- Adding author biographies along with their pictures: It is a good practice to add the biographies and pictures (if possible) of the authors of content as it helps in gaining the trust of the visitors to the website. This is a user experience aspect that helps content developers in establishing their expertise, authority and trustworthiness (E-A-T) within the search engine results pages.
- Optimizing for Google Discover: Optimizing the content for Google Discover enables the users in discovering the topics/concepts related to their interests easily based on their browser history, search history, app activity and location. This optimizing can be done by: consistently developing engaging and trustworthy content, retaining evergreen content, using images and videos within the content, as well as by supporting multiple languages.
- Using attention-grabbing featured images: Making use of original art, graphics, and custom images related to the content will grab the attention of the readers. It is essential to compress the images for increasing the page load speed, customizing the image file names (using keywords for names), writing SEO-friendly alt text for the images, making the images mobile-friendly, and clearly defining the image file path structure.
- Publishing industry news instantly: It is a good practice to be first in line while trying to publish industry related news on individual websites. This can be done by: following RSS feeds and creating Twitter lists, joining the Facebook and LinkedIn groups, as well as monitoring the competitors’ activities through social media.
- Making use of other channels to support their search engine optimization: Making use of other channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Tiktok can gain leads and support the website’s search engine optimization efforts.
- Inserting images and videos in the content: Inserting visual content such as images, videos and infographics can enhance the overall readability of the website as well as boost traffic to the website.