Rendering is the final step in the process of making search engine results pages viable. This step follows after indexing of the web pages takes place in order for them to rank accordingly in the search results. Rendering is an integral aspect of search engine optimization (SEO).
Significance of Rendering Web Pages
Rendering enables the search engines to glean the details of the web pages and their purpose. Also, the search engines can better understand user experience and figure out which content needs to take priority; with the help of rendering. There are certain benefits of rendering, such as finding out: weather any content is concealed by a click, whether an advertisement is filling the page entirely, whether the page is slow or fast to load or whether the page loading speed is within the acceptable time frame, as well as whether the content that is visible at the end of the code is originally displayed within the navigation or at the beginning of the code.
Listed below is the step-by-step explanation of how rendering takes place:
- Sitemap or crawler discovers a page.
- Depending on when the crawl budget is available, this page will be added to the list of pages which are ready to be crawled on a site.
- Crawling and indexing of the page content take place.
- The page is then added to the rendering queue.
- Finally, rendering of the page takes place.