In the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, isolation has become mandatory. This enforced isolation has affected almost every business. Brands need to review their content strategy and ensure that they are conveying the right message.
A few ways in which brands can retain their audience are listed below:
- Directly acknowledging what is happening and how this is affecting their demographic
- Understanding exactly what their audience is feeling at present
- What value they can offer to help their audience
Pointers on Spreading the Right Brand Message amid Crisis
Brands need to be sincere with their messaging and actions. They need to send out messages acknowledging the current crisis and offer suggestions (if any) as to how to counteract it. They should continue marketing in an appropriate way so that they can pick up when life returns to normal once again. Brands also need to make use of certain opportunities for staying constant in the minds of their audience.
Those opportunities are as given below:
- Keeping up with Google Trends by monitoring them for new topics or questions that the audience seems to be looking for
- Shoring up their content bank by prioritizing mid/top-funnel content based on the shifts in consumer behaviour
- Adopting new content strategies like developing more video content and repurposing existing content into video formats since visual consumption has increased considerably in present times
- Embracing the data by using data collection methods for updating their website in accordance with the current crisis