Content is a prerequisite for every brand and/or business website. It is imperative to create high quality content that is also readable, relevant and useful to the people who visit the website. Let us look at a few tried, tested and true techniques that enable writing incredible content that can be retained in the minds of the viewers long after they have left the website.
These techniques are listed below:
- Scouting for topic ideas for the content: It is imperative to thoroughly research topic ideas for the content.
- Maintaining focus: It is highly essential to maintain focus while writing content. Turning off all notifications on mobile phones, laptops, tablets or ipads; informing family members about the writing (so that they don’t disturb during that time) are some of the ways of maintaining focus.
- Organizing the content: It is an excellent practice to organize the content in the form of developing an outline first (from introduction to conclusion of the content piece) and then filling in the body text (using titles, subtitles, infographics, etc.).
- Using Active Voice: It is a good practice to use active voice while writing the content as it resonates more with the audience.
- Choosing the POV (point of view) wisely: It is a good practice to use first and second person perspective (point of view) in any content. It is important to maintain that point of view throughout the entire content.
- Using short sentences and short paragraphs: Using short sentences and short paragraphs vastly improves the readability of the content. The website users can easily understand the content when the text is in the form of short phrases.
- Reading out loud: After finishing all the edits, it is better to read the content out loud so as to avoid further errors and correct them (if any occur).
Conducting keyword research: It is imperative to conduct keyword research prior to starting to work on any piece of content since it provides additional insights and ideas to improve the content.